Obituary Submission Guidelines
- You may send in a newspaper clipping or obituary from another publication or website for the staff to edit.
- If you prefer to write the obituary yourself, keep in mind that submissions should be kept to just a few paragraphs.
- We do not include funeral or memorial information.
- All submissions are subject to editing by staff for clarity and length.
- A member’s death will be verified before the obituary is posted.
- If you would like us to write the obituary, please submit
information you’d like included. Some items you may want to
- Town of residence.
- Date and place of death.
- Specific medical cause of death.
- Work history (area offices, specialties)
- Any awards or commendations
- Area Office (if retired, last Area Office worked)
- Academy class number
- Date of retirement
- Military service, where assigned abroad and personal decorations such as Bronze Star or Purple Heart.
- Memberships and volunteer work
- Names and towns of survivors, including spouse, children and siblings and parents, and numbers of grandchildren.
- Any other details of interest
- Photographs may be submitted as jpg email attachments, or mailed to the address below.
We prefer that obituaries be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “In Memoriam: first and last name, badge number.”
Submissions also can be mailed to:
California Association of Highway Patrolmen
PO Box 161209
Sacramento, CA 95816-1209